Events Near Wave Rock, Outback Western Australia Events
2020 LIST OF EVENTS – WAVE ROCK WA
There are more events at and near Wave Rock Hyden Western Australia than watching the sunset while sitting on the top of Wave Rock.
- The most spectacular event near Wave Rock in the Hyden district of WA is the annual blooming of natural Australian wildflowers in late Spring. An event every flower lover and photographer needs to capture and experience. See photos of wildflowers near Wave Rock.
- The popular Wave Rock Weekender outback Australia music festival during the Queen’s Birthday holiday in Western Australia, long weekend. It’s back again bigger and better than ever in 2020.
- The Kulin Bush Races. A great family weekend of country horse racing in Western Australia plus food, entertainment, Calcutta buying shares in a racehorse and all the other fun things at a WA country racing carnival. It’s recommended you buy tickets online for the Kulin Races in advance of the Kulin races date in the first-weekend of October. .According to Margaret Carmody from Kulin, in 2019 many people travelling from Perth for the races were turned back because the event was so popular. While you’re in the Kulin area, visit Wave Rock near and east of Kulin.
- Gilgie Races at Karlgarin.
- Celebrate Australia Day in Western Australia at Wave Rock! Come and enjoy Australia Day in Western Australia in 2020 at Hyden WA in style on Wave Rock! Visitors and local Hyden folk are invited to celebrate Australia Day at the Wave Rock Caravan Park. (6pm onwards). BYO your drinks to toast Australia Day and enjoy a spectacular sunset from the top of Wave Rock. Enjoy a BYO everything picnic dinner in the Caravan Park undercover area. Feel welcome bring musical instruments for a sing-a-long.
- Hyden Community Fun Day 2020 date and more information to be announced.
- Biggest Morning Tea Enjoy a cuppa and fresh-baked scones with the local Silver Chain Committee to raise money for the Cancer Council. 2020 date to be announced.
- Country Dance in country Western Australia. Enjoy all of your favourite old-time dances in the Hyden Hall Dance themes and dance dates for 2020 to be announced. Dance times 7pm to 11pm. Discount accommodation for dancers is offered by the Hyden Hotel for this Hyden Dance event.
- Holt Rock Hoe Down date on a Saturday in mid-October 2020Come and join us at the Hoe Down Shed on Mudge Road, Holt Rock, Western Australia. 80kms south of Hyden. Friday night Jam Session. Funds raised go towards the Royal Flying Doctors.
$25 entry fee includes BBQ pack and raffle ticket
$10 camping fee for the weekend.
BYO Salad and drinks
Camping, showers and facilities available
For more information phone The Westfield Country Music Club
Robin – 0438 922 943
Gary – 0428 752 024
Updates – www.facebook.com/holtrockhoedown
Wave Rock & Hippos Yawn
The Lace Place
The Minature Soldier Museum
Pioneer Town History Museum
Hyden Street Scape Art
Events at Wave Rock
Tours and Trails
The Rock Walk
Hyden Rock Walk
Hippos Yawn Loop
The Breakers Walk
Walk Trails and Guided Tours
Getting to Wave Rock
Plan your visit
Eat & Drink
Bar & Bistro
Hyden Road House / Travel Stop